While it would be impossible make a list of criteria here – as each manuscript is evaluated individually – some things we consider include:
- With a non-fiction book, is the author well known in their field, so that the book would be launched to an audience of interested readers?
- Is there something unique about the book that would make it desirable on a larger scale?
- Will there be an opportunity for bulk sales – for example, as a textbook or other book for use by organizations.
- Has this author released other books, so that they have a fan base already?
- Is the manuscript enticing, entertaining and/or enthralling as appropriate?
- With fiction – is there an opportunity for a book series, as many genre readers prefer series books?
In addition, before any author is considered for the traditional publishing program, they must meet the minimum of the following criteria:
– A fan or following base of more than 100,000 people
– Connections or unique distribution channels
-Exceptional experience and notoriety in related field
– Subject matter which is unique, timely, and delivered from a distinct vantage point.
These are just some of the questions and criteria which are considered when evaluating an author and manuscript for our publishing house. If you would like to partner with Red Penguin for traditional or hybrid publishing, please fill out the query form below: